Woodind & Brass Auditions
PANTHER BAND WOODWIND & BRASS AUDITIONS
Friday, April 28, 2017 – Saturday, April 29, 2017
Panther Band participation is open to any admitted GSU student, or any student from an institution that does not have a marching band program, following a successful audition. Students may audition before they have received their official acceptance. Those who major in Music undergo different audition procedures than students in other areas of study.
Anyone who is accepted as a Music Major in the Georgia State School of Music on a wind instrument is automatically accepted for membership in the Panther Band if they wish to participate. Those students must email Dr. Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30, 2017 in order to be guaranteed a position. A separate Panther Band audition is not necessary for wind instrumentalists who are accepted as Music Major on a wind instrument.
If you wish to audition for the Georgia State School of Music as a Music Major, please click here for school admission requirements and and audition information.
It is NOT necessary to be a Music Major to be a member of the Panther Band!
Wind players auditioning for the Panther Band will be expected to:
- Complete the online Panther Band Application
- Pre-register for an audition time by contacting email@example.com
- Provide proof of college or university acceptance in the form of an acceptance letter
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your high school band director
- 3 major scales of your choice, 2 octaves with arpeggios
- Play full-range chromatic scale
- Play one lyrical piece and one technical piece lasting no more than 1 minute each
Those who wish to only be considered for admission into the marching band may request copies of the GSU Alma Mater and Fight Song to serve as the lyrical and technical pieces. To request those pieces, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who wish to be considered for scholarships should prepare excerpts from the GSU School of Music Recommended Undergraduate Audition Repertoire List.