Color Guard Auditions
PANTHER BAND COLOR GUARD AUDITION CLINIC
Saturday, April 29, 2017Color Guard Application
If you are planning on attending the clinic only, please continue to fill out the app above.
Location: GSU Sports Arena: 125 Decatur Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
8:30am – Registration Opens
9:00am – Welcome and Introductions
9:15am – Flag Block
12:30pm – Lunch – on your own
1:30pm – Dance Block
5:00pm – Small Group Auditions
5:45pm – Clinic Wrap-Up
6:30pm – Audition Results Posted
6:45pm – Mandatory Meeting with all 2017 Selected Members
8:00pm – Dismiss
Attire: All candidates should wear a black leotard with flesh colored tights. Appropriate dance shoes, as well as performance quality hair and make-up should be worn. No jewelry except for earrings.
Complete the online Panther Band Application
Bring the following materials to the audition with you:
- 1 Sealed Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of college or university acceptance (acceptance letter or university student identification card)
- $25 Non-Refundable Audition Fee (cash or check accepted)
Payments: Applicants who are offered a performing spot will need to be prepared to pay a $100 uniform deposit (cash or check) at the mandatory meeting. The remaining $100 balance is due by June 1st.
Audition requirements for color guard will consist of:
- Demonstrating body control in dance (jazz, modern, and lyrical styles are the basis of our movement)
- Demonstrating equipment control (6-foot flag is the main equipment used by the guard, though some rifle and sabre work may be explored)
- Demonstrating physical fitness levels at or above the 50th percentile for those age 17+ based on the 1985 National School Population Fitness Survey (validated again in 1998). Standards may be viewed on The President’s Challenge website. A one-mile run will be a part of the physical fitness test and will serve as a component of the total audition.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Flags will be provided for the audition process. You do not need to bring your own.
- Those auditioning for the Color Guard do not need to prepare a solo routine. You will perform what is taught during the audition process.
- Auditions are open to the public.
- Staff will be looking at personal appearance, showmanship, skill level, technique, poise, personality, and speaking ability.
- Returning members must re-audition each season to keep our talent level at its highest potential.